Friday, April 13, 2012

This Bud light is for you... Kessler's friend!

     Things die. That’s a fact. Things start but we know that there will be time things will have to end. Day turns into night, life turns into dust. Most things poop for a reason. They eat, receive nutrients, then like I stated before, it ends and gets pushed out. What am I trying to say? Well its almost time to leave Germany and I had a lot of memories that I hope don’t slowly melt and evaporate into the hot beach like weather that California offers year round. We arrived in Germany 2005 and at first noticed that this is definitely not Arkansas. Either way, we fully took advantage of traveling and with every trip; our heart for this country grew larger. Yes, there are some dumb traditions and customs, like nothing being opened on Sundays or the strict recycling rules. The slow internet capabilities and costly expenses can be a set-back also, but the traveling makes the months fly by. Many friendship were created, strengthen, and some collapsed. Some of course are the great ones. Some I will miss the most. Don’t take an offense, if you’re not one of the few. I honesty love everyone but there are a handful that I become teary eyed when I think of the day we will fly away from this beer loved country.
      One of the originals that has changed the most—but for the good. I think we are still traveling on the same road, but with different vehicles. I missed the days of the past but I respect the choices you made for you and your family. We had many smiles together and will never forget the times in the past I got you in trouble while sharing loud cheers. Of course the time we made fun of everyone and the introduction of tobacco products while learning the true meaning of clicks has brought us together, which at the end, eventually drifted us. But friendships never die, we might not be as close as we where years ago but when I needed you the most you did everything in your power to help or assist and for that I can never forget you. The useful facts and your ability to correct my spelling will continue to thrive me to double check my spelling, grammar, and to learn new things. I hope nothing but the best for you and your family and hoping one day we can reunite again to capture the German Beach Beaver arrival.
       With time against us and your crazy work schedule, we made sure to party when we could. When we had the opportunity we partied and when we partied…we partied! You introduced me to Beerpong and damit... we could have won that tourney! So every time I throw that lil white ball I will think of you and your pepper! We took a trip together and we could have been lost brothers! When scheduling a meeting, it usually couldn’t happen because you had to work while I was off and vice versa. With our celebrity looks we were the life of any party. You having robotic friends and me the hip fat country singer. One team with only laughter in front of us. Whenever we do meet in the states or if I come back to visit one thing is sure… we will always schedule an hour of late time. Not to mention I will never come to your BBQ with an empty stomach since we always have a hard time eating on time. But your crazy beer drink capability will remind me to step up my game and remind me of those younger days where I could drink and party until 5 in da morning… cabs here!
      If I was wasted I would expect someone to have my back. You knew you had mine ever since your body was hovering halfway over a fence. I pated your back and told you to let those damn demons out! Ohh and you did, even though the neighbor’s dogs had a field day with them. The daily morning meets at the gym has shown me that when your heads into something you stay with it. You inspire me to get on the healthy track and to keep pushing to stay healthy. Your strength in Beerpong makes me happy I loose. Since you never leave the table. Our mentoring talks have helped me and hoping it helped you also.  I have a feeling you will go far in your career and we will stay in touch. Even though I never got invited to your house, I know where you live. I will miss those awkward back and leg rubs. You have such soft hands! I can’t wait to hear all the great things you will be involved with and accomplish in your career. You’re a great father, friend, and inspiration.
      Pictures aren’t always perfect at first. But with training any picture can be breathtaking. I inspired you. Lets face it... that is definitely the truth! Your ability to listen to me bitch on a weekly basis has helped me figure things out and taught me to be a better, stronger, and smarter leader. I have learned so much from you these last couple of months and like everyone in the military, I finally had a mentor. Since the day I beat you at darts, you accepted that anything I touch… turned into gold. I enjoyed being your go-to-guy with any questions or problems. Even the simple things like Email security settings. We had fun comparing abilities and learning new Photo tricks. When it was that time for you to say the normal military “see you later,” I noticed that my time isn’t that far off and all these sad and dark feelings will be multiplied soon.  But we both know the world is small and we will see each other at Mardi-Gras next year. Every time I see a good capture that could have been so much more, it will remind me of you.
     Sometimes brothers don’t share the same blood.  This is our case.  We have known each other over a decade. We learned a lot these past years. Driven through dark tunnels just to be welcomed by the sunlight at the end. That’s what brother-friendship is all about: being able to deal with the bullshit, overcome the dark times, and to smile when the sun is out! I admire your strength and dedication. When you wanted to stop smoking, you did. When you wanted to stop drinking, you did. When you are passionate about something, you never lost that vision. The biggest example would be our friendship. I was there for you and I could always count on you. Our early rocking-guitar hero days will never go to waste since our 2HD group will be big one day! A mixture of 2 pretty white dudes rapping, singing, and rocking! Never before seen shit! We had many fun trips and fun nights. We have confirmed that being wasted every night in order to have fun is a big myth (even though those are fun too) but a relaxed evening with our families and a big bowl of fried wings is just perfect. We would fucking rock in the Hunger Games! We would so be unstoppable. But at the end… there could only be one winner and since I am older… I would win! Don’t be afraid to call me out on things, since we all know I won’t hesitate to do the same.  Even though the time is close to spread us apart, I can’t wait to grow old with you. Since you will always be a part of me—no homo!
     When that time comes to say our “see you laters” only thing I ask is to be and stay true.  Don’t be afraid to hug me and tell me how much you love me and how bad ass I really am while getting lost in my green-bluish eyes.  If its one thing I learned from the military is that making friends is very easy… but the time will come when you have to say good bye. But then there is the aspect that the world is a tiny spot, and one day our paths will reunite in a Wal-Mart, on a Sunday, close to a Militray base. And for that reason I know I don’t have to be heartbroken to leave this place, since the only thing separating us is time. So I guess its really not the end…. But a long pause.
Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers