Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good morning USA, is that piss I am smelling?

So its August the 7th. We finally got out yesterday. We decided to go to Dover and our name was called. We said our goodbyes and got in the gate around 1600. On to the bus 30 minutes after. Just to sit in front of the C17 for another 30 minutes. I knew what was going on... this cant  be happening! The staircase truck drove off, and the bus driver came back on the bus, "sorry folks. Looks like they couldn't fix the problem, we are heading back to the gate."
Great, so we get to the gate and we were told we had to go upstairs and couldnt leave our bags in the bus. We walked up the metal stairs and got relaxed waiting for further information. 10 minutes into it we were told the plane is ready. So off we go downstairs tot he bus. As soon as we sit down, they tell us, there was a mistake and to return back upstairs to the gate. We walked through the front doors and they get a call on the radio, "all good send them down!" We were like are you serious? But we ended up on the plane were we had some spicy chicken strips, and some needed rest. Even though my back and neck is still killing me.
The flight went well until we landed and a kid behind us threw up! Great, felt sorry for her, but felt sorry for everyone else, cause I was gonna throw up if I continued to smell that shit.
We landed in Dover around 1900 local time. Desiree looked at me and said... weeee we are in Dover, now what? Good question, the pax terminal didnt have any base shuttle service nor map! So i got some direction to the lodging. Only a 20 minute walk. We got a room for a couple of hours to shower, change and eat some pizza. It was worth the $40! We walked to the front gate to meet our taxi, but this pizza deliver person gave us a drive instead... and he didnt even take a tip! There are still some nice people in this world!
We got to the Dover Greyhound station, hmmm my radar was turned on. It was pretty getto, didnt mind since I am kinda crunk myself! Yeahhh! We got on this bus and the first think I noticed is all the faces staring at us... then the hot piss smell slapped my face! It was soooo bad. Desiree sat behind me and I sat next to a guy. It was pretty nasty and my stomach still hurts! So around 0045 we left Dover. 5 hours later we got off that piss bus and completed our first transfer. This bus is da bomb! Nice fresh smell, new leather seats, internet, and elec socket. This si what I read about on the website. So far we are doing better... cant wait for that first breakfast stop,,, I am hungry!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers