Sunday, September 11, 2011

911

So its been 10 years since the attack on US soil. I remember that morning being glued to the TV. The entire day seemed to be in slow motion, the entire world seemed to be in slow motion! I was in Searcy, Arkansas at Desiree's parents house. I was on medical leave since I just got my tonsils removed. I called the shop to make sure they didnt need me, but they knew I was drugged up and told me to stay there until my leave was up. All the bases upped their security. Bases that weren't fenced in, are now fenced in. And we dont leave the front door unlocked anymore, since we never know when the next attack will be.
Today we spent the entire day in the house. Watched a couple of hours about how the attacks happened and the old newscasts. I even shared with Dominique a newspaper form the day after the attacks.
She doesn't understand yet, but this will defiantly be talked about in her history class one day.
So its a sad day, but we need to remember this can happen again. Lets not keep our eyes closed any longer. Lets watch each other backs and get those dumb mother fuckers who don't deserve to breath the same air.
05 July 2000- Joined the USAF
11 Sept 2001- attack of the World Trade Centers and Pentagon.
06 Sept 2002- First deployment to Jalalbad, Pakistan
18 Sept 2002- Dominique was born
10 Nov 2003- 2nd deployment Manas, Kyrgyzstan
05 May 2004- Got my US citizenship
08 Jan 2005- PCSed to Sembach, Germany
04 Mar 2006- Third Deployment to Kuwait-Iraq (Convoy Duty)
03 Oct 2007- Hayden was born
10 Jan 2008- Fourth Deployment to Bagram, Afghanistan
01 Oct 2008- PCSed to Ramstein, Germany
24 Jun 2010- Fifth deployment to Al Dhafra, UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers