Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Walk

Walking in the forrest, alone, at first seemed like a good idea. I just finished a good run and thought why not finish my night with a cool-down walk through the forrest. 

The ground was cold. My blood was slowly racing past my face. With my last breath, I tried to block the blow that would keep my eyes shut permanently.

Finishing my run, this walk would give me the chance to finally listen to my new songs in peace. I walked in front of the darkness. The breeze felt great against my sweaty face. Turning up the music, I felt alone. I felt at peace. The trees beside me were gently falling asleep and the full moon was fighting the daylight. Shiver.
I looked behind. Was someone following me? My rested heart started waking up again. Why was I starting to feel sick? My mind is trying to confuse me, even scare me. But nobody behind me. Just the darkness slowly creeping up on me.
I better hurry and get home. Walking past the long fields of hay with nothing else in sight. Dark woods behind me, dancing fields beside me, full moon in front of me and screaming cars from the highway in the far distance. No street lights, no porch lights, no headlights, no burning cigarette cherries. Nothing. Just me and the chills taking over my body. 
Faint whistle.
Looked behind me. Alone.
Heart, is pumping double time. Nothing is around me. Why am I being paranoid? My town is about 2 minutes away. I walked this path alone hundreds of times. Why tonight, does it feel darker and colder?
Eyes closed!
My body lost power, like when you accidently pull the vacuum to far and unplug it. I just shut off. I turned back on when my face bounced on the pavement. I had no feeling. All I could hear was a loud ringing noise. Still darkness. The full moon now right above me. I shut my eyes. Just to open them again with a sharp pain. I felt my back side coming back alive. I felt electricity shooting from my lower back to my head. Not knowing what was going on I tried to turn to my side. But still impaired. Now the pain was real. My back was crushed. It felt like I was hit by a truck.
I screamed out loud.
But nothing, nothing changed.
I felt my face and it felt wet and warm. I know I was bleeding.
I screamed again.
Paralyzed,  I laid there. I screamed again. My eyes shut.
Only hearing my painful breath. I opened my eyes. I looked up and saw a dark shadow in front of the moon. 
The ground was cold. My blood was slowly racing past my face. With my last breath, I tried to block the blow that would keep my eyes shut permanently. 
Darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers